Saturday, September 20, 2008

Update on my neurologist appt, night out and Hurricane Ike aftermath

Well, it is not good news. There is surgery in my future, hopefully not in the near future though. I have 2 small herniated discs but I also have arthritis as well. Not a good thing to have both. Since I am not in pain now, my neuro said we can wait on it. I am scheduled for some physical therapy and a follow up with him in 6 weeks. We are hoping this can be put off for a year or two. There is absolutely no way I can have it now. I still lift Ry a lot and between Ethan's school, Ryan's school and the kids I watch, there is just no way. If I have more pain, I can get more injections. There is no cure for this other then surgery but we are hoping to prolong it as much as possible.

I went to a Pampered Chef party last night. So much fun. We saw all of the new gadgets PC has to offer but it was so nice to sit back, drink & eat with some new friends. I had a great time. Thanks Christa for inviting me! And it was nice to come home and find both boys all snug in their beds.

Wind Storm of 2008: Update! We were very lucky. We lost a few shingles but though for sure we were going to lose our birch tree next to our house. It was strong though and stayed put. We never lost power but about half of our neighborhood did. Our immediate neighbors lost power and we have an extension cord running to their freezer so they wouldn't lose all of their food. We offered our oven & stove and we even had another neighbor come down to do some laundry, after much coercing from me. There were even extension cords running across the roads. Probably not the safest thing but it was nice to see our neighborhood come together and help those in need.

The boys both missed a couple of days of school but Ethan was very happy to be back. Ryan had some adjustment issues and cried for the first time while getting on the bus. He just didn't know what to think but I was told once he got to school, he was in a great mood and his teacher said she would have never known he was upset.

Now we are ready to root on the Buckeyes! Hopefully they will do better then last week!

1 comment:

Jim Brochowski said...

We were wondering what was up with your back. Sorry to hear that news. Hang in there and take care of yourself.