Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ryan's words

When I was putting together Ryan's food list, I thought it would be fun to do a word list. He is talking so much now that I want to start keeping a list of his progress.

Mommy, Daddy, Ethie (Ethan), hug, car, truck, bus, jump, baby, eat, drink, cereal, chip, book, play, please, baba (binkie), NO, shoshoes (shoes), bowl, swing, slide, Santa, color, light, tall, bubbles, up, down, open, covers, Grandma, Grandpa, water, bath

animals & their sounds--cat, goose, duck, horse, cow, pig, fish, penguin, tiger, bear, monkey, dog, bird

He knows all of the Little Einsteins, Backyardigans, Dora & Diego characters. Not sure if that is a good thing though! He knows Mickey & Snoopy too. :)

Seeing this list, makes me so proud for all of the hard work Ryan has done and so thankful for early intervention. At his two year appointment in January, he said maybe 5 words and signed another 5. Now we are well over 50 and counting. I am just so proud of both of my boys. Ethan loves to teach Ryan new words and, when Ryan tries to say it, Ethan always says "Good job, buddy!". They really can be sweet....sometimes. :)

No comments: