Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The results are in...

Greg and I met with Ryan's psycholgist today to go over the results from the testing they did. Overall, Ryan scored borderline below average on most everything developmentally. This was no surprise to us. Right now, he does not see him on the spectrum. That is good news but deep down I am not sure I totally agree with it. After I voiced my concerns about Ry possibly being on the spectrum or possibly found to be at a later time, he agreed to see us in June, just before Ryan starts school. Then we will meet again after Ryan has been in school for a month or so to see how he is doing and to make sure we are moving in the right direction. My biggest concern right now is his lack in creating social bonds with his peers. Even with Ethan and the kids I watch, there is no reciprical play and most of the time he goes off and does his own thing. We are hoping that by exposing him to other kids, he will learn to cope and learn how to play as a typical two year old. He is fine with most adults so I am hoping he can start a bond with his teachers pretty quickly.

Right now we are just going to keep doing with what we have been doing for the last 8 months. Occupational therapy 3 times a month and speech weekly.

All in all, we are ok with all of this. Diagnosis or not, it doesn't change any of the therapies that Ryan is already receiving.

Thank you to everyone for all of your support throughout this whole process!

No comments: