Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I really hope I never have to call 911 again.

We went down to the park after lunch and there was another woman there with about six kids. We got to chit chatting and she said she babysat also and that this was her first day with 2 of the kids. A little while later, I hear her yelling and I thought she was yelling for some kids in the field. Then she yells, do any of you know anything about seizures. I run over and there is this little 3 year old boy, seizing. I called 911 (thank God, i remembered my phone today) and they told us to keep him comfortable but not to prevent him from shaking at all. His seizure went on for at least 3 minutes. A long time for such a little guy. The fire truck and ambulance got there and they did take him. He did have a fever but only 101 and this was his first time having a seizure.

As all of this was going on, I look up and this other little boy was backed into the corner, just bawling. It turns out that Mason is his little brother. So I picked him up and carried him over to the bench and sat with him. He just kept asking me when his brother would come back. I think he was afraid that his brother would go to the hospital and not come back.

I can't get this whole scene out of my head. That poor little boy laying there without any control over his body and his big brother watching everything. I am really hoping we see them again so that I know that little Mason is ok.

So please, say a prayer for Mason, Hayden and their parents. I can't even imagine getting a phone call like that and hope I never do.

No comments: